Friday, January 16, 2009

Teeny Tiny Monogram

I have just been surfing the net the past few days. The joys of a fast connection when I'm in hubby's town. At the craftzine blog, I found out that Sublime Stitching was hosting a Micro Monogram Challenge. FUN!

I picked up one of the monograms from this site, and luckily I had some supplies here. My craftroom-in-a-plastic-tub that I left the last time we were here. I found the green and pink polyester threads in my bag (apparently it had fallen there when I got out my huge plastic bag of threads before coming here).

Everytime I have to do super fine stitching, and specially if I did not put any backing to my fabric, I use a beading needle so the fabric won't tear. I  beading needles. 

Now the fun part isn't over yet, because this has to be turned into a teeny tiny pillow!! Hehe. It's getting dark though, so I'll finish this tomorrow. The deadline is on the 20th of this month, which happens to be my birthday!

The monogram measures a mere 2.5 x 2.5 cm.. Micro-love for sure! So fun! I am not sure I can wait till tomorrow to finish this... I'm so happy to have time to craft again. This year, I will make time. Now, that is a resolution.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:51 PM

    hey, i met jenny hart's ex-husband.(the woman behind sublime stitching) :) he was here visiting last last year.

    ReplyDelete